7/26/12

The Cazual Cup

Like I said in my last post, I started a job at a small locally owned coffeeshop/bakery.  In June, the owner offered to make my position full time-giving me a lot more responsibility.  I accepted, on the condition that I could be called a manager (it will look so much better on applications in the future to be 'manager' instead of 'barista').  So for the past 2 weeks, I have been working full time, 6:30-2:30 Tuesday-Saturday, and am almost used to getting up with the sun! 
Things I've realized...it's hard.  Being a small business is not as fun as I anticipated.  I pray every day that we make enough that day to cover my paycheck.  I've never experienced that side of it.  The other businesses I've worked for (Target and Borders) were big enough that the daily sales didn't matter quite as much.  I've been thinking of ways to boost sales, and just getting people in the door.  When you don't have a huge budget to work with to begin with, you really have to pull out the creativity!  I started with painting the windows, and will be busting into social media soon! 

It's been eye opening.  I've learned how to bake bundt cakes, scones, muffins, cookies, and a variety of other goodies!  I'm figuring out the best way to reduce waste at the end of the day.  Great experience so far...

Again, if you're in West Omaha, stop by the Cazual Cup (thecazualcup.com)!  156th and Fort.  Open 7-2 Tuesday-Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment