9/27/11

Pequod

I'm five chapters into Howard Schultz book Pour Your Heart Into It.   To say I've been challenged is an understatement.  This man was born with a drive in life, and when he found Starbucks, he threw his entire life into it.  He faced adversaries, naysayers, and discouragement, but he continued chasing his vision.
 


I'm also learning a lot about the beginning of Starbucks.  Granted, it's slightly different for my venture, because I'm not looking to start as a multi-location store, but a more personal, unique setting.  It's inspiring that it's possible.

Sometimes I question my passion.  I question the calling I felt I got to open this cafe.  I think of other possibilities that aren't quite such a risk, that aren't quite so enormous.  But today my friend Tim wrote on Facebook: "If God is your partner, make your plans big."  It's quoted from Dwight L. Moody.  Sometimes I forget that I'm doing this with God...and that nothing is too big for Him.

Today I looked up some non-profits in Omaha (Table Grace Cafe and The Foundry).  I contacted the owners to hopefully pick their brains for a bit on their take on opening a non-profit business.

*Pequod was the originally suggested name for Starbucks...can you imagine if it had passed?  "Let's go to Pequod and get some lattes!"  Ha!*

No comments:

Post a Comment