5/17/12

Update

I just realized it has been a while since last posting on this blog.  Nothing much has changed.  Mallory and I turned in the business plan proposal and were not selected as finalists, which is fine.  It was encouraging to just see our ideas on paper.
I visited bplans.com yesterday and printed off a free business plan template as well as a sample business plan for a religious coffee shop.  It's almost 40 pages long, so I have some reading ahead of me, but I think it will be extremely helpful!
In the mean time, I have a new job at a local coffee shop.  It has been open for almost a year and is about the same size I anticipate my start up shop would be.  It's been a great experience the last couple months getting to know the small business side of things.  I'm learning from her successes and failures and will have a much better background going into opening my own business!  If you're ever out in West Omaha, stop by The Cazual Cup, just south of Fort on 156th Street (by Stonebridge Church)!  Open 7-2 every day except Tuesdays!

That's all I have for ya today!  Nothing very exciting, but babysteps are still progress!

In the meantime, I've started following International Justice Mission on Twitter (@JessicaKeown if you want to follow me!), and found this article today and thought I'd share!
http://www.ijm.org/news/ijm-cambodia-brave-survivors-help-rescue-girls-brothel

No comments:

Post a Comment